Middlesbrough, Reino Unido
|No. de Estudiantes:||10.958 (500 int'l)*||No. de personal académico:||915|
|Tipo de financiamiento:||Publico|
|Método de enseñanza:|
|Location||Show on map|
* Teesside is consistently in the top 10 in the UK for overall average international student satisfaction (International Student Barometer 2008-12), and fourth in the University Alliance in 2012 24 of the most innovative and enterprising universities in the UK.
* 86% of our degree students are happy with their course, in fact radiography students gave us a 100% score (National Student Survey 2012).
* We are situated in the friendly North East of England, surrounded by beautiful national parks, pretty coastal towns and with great cities nearby (Durham, Newcastle, York).
* Middlesbrough has a rich industrial heritage from Captain Cook, the Transporter Bridge and the first railway in the world, we are now growing digital and renewable industries.
* We have invested £137m on campus to provide top-class facilities for our students.
* Students love our facilities theyve rated us as one of the best in the country, according to whatuni.com.
* Teesside University is the first and only modern university to be awarded Times Higher EducationUniversity of the Year.
* We were also awarded Outstanding Employer Engagement Initiative 2009-10 (Times Higher Education Awards).
* Nearly 70% of all work entered for the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE 2008) was classified as being of international quality or higher.
Teesside University is rated as fourth in the University Alliance (one of 24 of the UK's most innovative and enterprising universities). International students rate our library space as the best and English language support is the second best in the UK (International Student Barometer 2012). Based in the friendly North East of England, it is surrounded by beautiful national parks, pretty coastal towns and great cities.
The annual fees for new international students on full-time courses in 2013-14 are:
* £9,450 for international foundation programmes
* £10,450 for full-time undergraduate courses
* £10,950 for full-time postgraduate courses
* £12,950 for the Master of Business Administration (MBA)
We give a scholarship of £1,500 a year to all individual full fee paying students - not sponsored by their employer or government.
Staying on bonus - if you go on from undergraduate level to a postgraduate course you receive an additional £1,000 discount on fees.
We offer courses in Art & Design; Business, Accounting & Marketing; Computer Animation,Computer Games & Web; Crime Scene & Forensic Science; Criminology & Sociology; Education, Childhood & Youth; Engineering; English; Health & Social Care; History; Law, Investigation & Policing;Media & Journalism; Performing Arts & Music; Psychology; Science & Environment; Sports & Exercise.
Benefit from opportunities to gain exemptions and accreditations from a wide range of professional bodies such as CIMA, ACCA, CMI, Skillset, The British Computer Society, most major engineering and scientific institutions, Forensic Science Society, Health and Care Professions Council, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, LLB exemptions, The British Psychological Society and more.
* Our international students rate our library space as the best in the UK, according to the International Student Barometer 2012. UK students rate our library as number one in the North East, and within the English universities top ten (National Student Survey 2012).
* Teesside Universitys English language support is voted the UKs second best (International Student Barometer 2012).
* Benefit from some of the most affordable student housing within the UK all within easy reach of the University and guaranteed if you apply before 1 September 2013.
* Teesside is the UKs top new university for Students Union satisfaction (National Student Survey 2012).
* Visit Centuria, our £8m health and social care centre, and Centuria South, our £17m sport and health sciences building this new complex is for dental nursing and technology, and sports therapy.
* Athena has benefited from a £10m investment in studio space and facilities for computing, design and media and £12m Phoenix for digital media and technology.
* Olympia, our £6.5m centre for sport, houses a sports hall, climbing wall, squash courts and floodlit all-weather Astroturf pitch.
* Come and visit from the comfort of your own home. Log on for an interactive overview of our facilities, accommodation and academic Schools.
* Study in our library at the heart of the campus four floors of quality, up-to-date resources with experienced staff on-hand, 1,300 places for individual and group study, access to over 40,000 books and 29,500 journals, over 400 PCs across all floors and specialist academic librarians for each subject area. Plus a learning hub and learning café.
* The Corner is a learning lounge just for postgraduate students with wi-fi and a refreshment area. Space for independent research and group study where you can meet, network and relax.
* Enjoy technology that meets your needs from Macs for high-end design to high-tech workstations for complex visualisation and software development and over 2,700 workstations throughout the University.
* Make friends and settle in at our Students Union with its friendly Terrace Bar and stylish Hub. Space to study, relax and have fun.
* Join one or more of our student societies to meet new friends, take part in sport or cultural activities and practise your faith.
* Enjoy our 60-acre Saltersgill Sports Ground, the River Tees Water Sports Centre for rowing, canoeing and kayaking and the nearby Tees Barrage, which has a world-class white water rafting course.
* Choose a local restaurant that suits your taste and budget Chinese, Italian, Indian, Japanese, vegetarian or British.
* Feel at home with nearby national and international supermarkets that sell authentic products at great value. Choose from international foods, herbs and spices and speciality foods. And local Halal food is easy to find.
* Middlesbrough Theatre for drama, comedy and musicals; Cineworld for current blockbuster films and Stockton's art centre for everything else
* mima (Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art) is an impressive building with an impressive collection. Temporary exhibitions of fine art and craft from 1900 to the present featuring work by internationally acclaimed artists.
* Enjoy Middlesbroughs great shopping. Weve three indoor shopping centres and Baker Street, the towns new cool independent quarter. Stores include ASDA, TopShop, Primark, Next, Marks & Spencer plus designer brands at local boutique stores like Psyche and Triads.
Do you work here? Please register in order to update this page.
Many organisations offer scholarships or grants. Some of these might help you to study for a Master's degree at Teesside University!